The bicycle journeys -2- crash into you!

So my bicycle journey's weren't always dreaming about difficult things. For those of you who have never been to Lucknow, it has a really nice area called Hazratganj which is a popular hangout for everyone in Lucknow. Luckily, I lived at a 5 minute walking distance from there. I was living in a room in an apartment, a couple of other students preparing for a medical exam were sharing the apartment with me- and one of them introduced me to "ganjing" or something like that - which basically meant when you're exhausted with studying you go and stroll around the place and grab a bite at one of the popular restaurants there. The other attraction was in the evening you got to see a lot of girls :) !

I read the Godfather quite a while back but I remember there is a mention of a "thunderbolt". It's when you see a girl and at first glance you're totally mesmerized, speechless, hypnotized........
I was returning from a Maths class when the "thunderbolt" happened. There was this lovely girl in the rickshaw and as my bicycle passed by her I looked at her, and she smiled back. I don't even remember her face clearly now, but what I do remember is at that point she seemed like the girl you've always dreamed of without actually knowing who you are dreaming of!

A lot of things happened in the next moment. I suddenly realized that the theory of relativity was not that abstract after all - that time can stretch and compress. That one moment seemed to extend forever. I also realized that the material world was an illusion created by the senses when left idle - and when they were all focussed the material world seemed to disappear and all I could see was her.

At this point you need to realize that the other thing about Hazratganj is it's maddeningly crowded and a moment's lapse in attention can get you in serious trouble. The moment - however long- was finite and as it ended I was thrown back to "reality" with a loud CLANK and a harsh jolt as my bicycle hit the scooter ahead of me.

Awake from my slumber I looked up at the person in front of me. I saw he was shaking his head disapprovingly with a smile. I also realized the person to the left of me said something to him and was also smiling. I didn't hear what he said but I guess he was explaining why I hit into the scooter ahead of me. I apologized to the person ahead of me and he smiled saying it's okay but I should keep my eyes on the road !! I stole an embarrassed glance at the girl and she was smiling too! The traffic started moving again and at the next turn the Rickshaw turned another way, and I went back home grinning foolishly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going mobile !

3 Idiots and Chak De India

Expertise