recommending music ?

There was an annoucement today about Pandora coming to Michigan for a presentation. I'd never heard of pandora but inquisitive as I am decided to give their website a look. I loved my first interaction with the website.

Pandora is based on the music genome project (http://www.pandora.com/mgp.shtml) and is the third largest online radio broadcaster. What was interesting to me was that the site didn't clobber you with information, didnt ask you to decide the genre or some other attribute of music and doesn't innundate you with choices of search results for your query. It simply sets up a station for you to listen to based on its "recommender system". I'm not really sure what they base their recommendations on. Also there is a nice balance between people who want to learn more about artists/music and people who just want to listen to some songs through their feature called backstage.

I'm going to return to the site more often,
apart from going for their presentation :)
you might want to check it out too.
www.pandora.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

going mobile !

3 Idiots and Chak De India

Expertise